To get detailed information about lodging, amenities, and more when planning your Yellowstone trip, click here for an overview of the park before you go.
This is the third installment of the series “Yellowstone in 4 Days”. To see the other days, check out these links below:
- Yellowstone: Day 1 (Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Upper and Lower Falls, and More)
- Yellowstone: Day 2 (Old Faithful, Grand Prismatic, and More)
- Yellowstone: Day 3 (Yellowstone Lake, Hayden Valley, and West Thumb)
- Yellowstone: Day 4 (Lamar Valley, Norris Geyser Basin, and more)
Day 3 of your Yellowstone trip takes you around the features of Yellowstone Lake and the surrounding areas.
Today, you will see:
- Hayden Valley
- Fishing Bridge (lake access)
- Yellowstone Lake Scenic Drive
- West Thumb Geyser Basin Trail
Today, we will be exploring Yellowstone’s grandest lake: the aptly named Yellowstone Lake. Following the path of the waterfalls you explored on Day 1, it leads you to the highlights of Day 3.
You will have ample opportunity to cover typical waterfront activities such as boating or fishing. However, what sets Yellowstone Lake apart is its unique hiking opportunities that highlight hot springs and fumaroles within the lake itself!
Here’s the day-by-day plan in case you want to look at Day 3 of your Yellowstone trip from a birds-eye view:
Note: This is a work in progress. Keep checking back here to get the full story!