The Hilo region, surrounding its namesake city, the largest on the island, is the lushest part of the Island of Hawai’i. On this “Road to Hilo”, this rainforest landscape and its breathtaking beauty rivals the famed Road to Hana on Maui, but with more amenities. Following this scenic road takes us down to Hilo, which although isn’t a perfect vacation destination, there’s plenty to keep you occupied during the day.
After 2 Days in Waimea and Waikoloa, we’re onto (quite literally) greener pastures, travelling along the North side of the Island to reach Hilo in this guide.
Note: This is a work in progress. Check back once the article is finished!
This article is Day 3 of the series of 7 Days in Hawaii. Here are the other articles in this trip:
- READ FIRST: Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Day 1 and 2 in Waikoloa + Waimea
- Day 3 on the Road to Hilo
- Day 4 in Volcanoes National Park
- Day 5 in Puna and Ascending Mauna Kea
- Day 6 in Ka’u (South Big Island)
- Day 7 in Kailua-Kona
Thank you for reading this installment of the Big Island of Hawaii Collection. Other articles in this series include:
- Mahana Beach Green Sand Beach In Hawaii (Papakolea)
- Hawaiian Food: Things You Need to Try on the Big Island
- Seeing a Live Volcano in Volcanoes National Park!
- Manta Ray Night Dive: Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
- Best Beaches on the Big Island
- First Time Ziplining? This Article is for You